Shoei X-12 Helmet
Worn by Marc Marquez during every race and every practice on the road to his record-breaking MotoGP world championship in 2013, the Shoei X-12 is officially at the top of the racing world. With it’s unmistakable tear-drop shape and beautiful race replica graphics, the X-12 makes a statement. And with race-proven ventilation and stability, the X-12 makes it to the checkered flag with some of the best riders in the world.
As Shoei’s top-of-the-line race helmet, the X-12 is designed to provide optimal performance for riders in an aggressive race-tuck position, riding at high speeds. Ventilation is paramount for riders at the track, and the X-12’s venting is extensive. An adjustable forehead vent and large top vent funnel air through to the helmet’s interior, while two temple exhaust vents and a large rear exhaust vent suck air out through the back.
The X-12 is constructed with Shoei’s most advance shell concept: the AIM+ shell. Featuring multiple layers of reinforced fiberglass, the X-12 is extremely light and strong. The large rear spoiler channels wind cleanly across the helmet for stability and security at triple-digit speeds.
Shoei X-12 Helmet
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel testing and professional riders’ feedback
- Lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+) shell uses extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell that is lightweight, rigid, and resilient
- Dual-layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Air Scoop 3 intake vent maximizes air volume into helmet’s interior
- Top outlet vent is separate from the Aero Edge Spoiler 2 allowing it to be positioned for optimum flow-through ventilation
- Side Extractor Vents combine with the chin bar lower air intake to reduce shield fogging and increase ventilation
- Each component of the interior liner is ergonomically designed to offer the ultimate in safety, comfort, and fit
- EQRS (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove cheek pads
- QRSA (Quick-Release Self-Adjusting) base plate system ensures easy shield changes and a tight seal
- CW-1 shield is wider and taller than the CX-1V
- 5 shell sizes
- Weight: 3 pounds, 11 ounces (size medium)
- Snell M2010 and DOT certified
- Available in sizes XS-2XL