Shoei RF-1200 Helmet
Nobody saw this one coming – a brand new, next-level RF-series helmet from Shoei for 2014. The RF-1200 is the newest in a long line of Shoei RF sport helmets that have consistently pushed the bounds of expectation, model after model. The RF-1200 takes the place of the most recent RF, the hugely popular RF-1100. The 1100 is such a good helmet that when we heard Shoei went back to the wind tunnel for an even better RF, we couldn’t wait to take a look at the result. Here’s what we found:
The RF-1200 features a totally reinvented, aggressive shell shape that is more compact, aerodynamic, quieter and lighter than its predecessor. The distinctive shape around the base of the helmet cuts down weight, increases comfort around the face, and reduces interference between the helmet and the rider’s neck and jacket. The redesigned base shape also makes the RF-1200 easier to put on and take off.
Shoei could have put the brakes on the advancements there, but it gets even better. The RF-1200 has a new and improved ventilation system, which includes an adjustable brow vent. And though the RF-1100 is not a loud helmet by any means, the new rear exhaust spoiler design on the RF-1200 contributes to a quieter and less turbulent ride. The RF-1200 also showcases a brand new shield – the CWR-1. The CWR-1 is thicker on the top and bottom to improve rigidity, and is seated in a redesigned base plate that pulls the shield in for a tighter, more secure closure. The CWR-1 shield is Pinlock® ready, and the RF-1200 comes complete with a Pinlock insert for the ultimate fog-prevention solution.
Proof that Shoei doesn’t believe in down time, they listened to rider feedback and hit the lab hard to take their best-selling helmet to the next level of greatness. The Shoei RF-1200 is without a doubt the first of a brilliant new generation of RF helmets.
Shoei RF-1200 Helmet
- Multi-ply matrix AIM+ shell construction
- Smaller, lighter, yet stronger shell design
- Wind tunnel developed with attention paid towards wind noise reduction without blocking road noises
- Dual density EPS liner accommodates more compact design without compromising ventilation flow
- Three-position chin vent, three upper vent intakes, four upper exhaust outlet vents
- Emergency Quick Release System allows easy removal of cheekpads and helmet by emergency response personnel
- New CWR-1 Pinlock® visor for ultimate fog solution (Pinlock lens included)
- New shield base system improves windproof and waterproof seal around shield
- CWR-1 shield features ribs along the top and bottom to improve rigidity and eliminate bending from wind pressure during opening and closing
- Four shell sizes
- Weight: 3 pounds, 6 ounces (size medium)
- DOT and SNELL certified
- Available in XS-2XL