Shoei GT-Air Helmet
The GT-Air by Shoei is bound to make everyone happy. It’s the first and only Shoei full-face helmet with an internal, drop down sun shield. With the push of a button, the small tinted shield behind the main visor drops down over your eyes, so you don’t have to pull over and rummage for sun glasses.
The GT-Air’s shell design is the product of exhaustive wind-tunnel research that has honed the quietest, most aerodynamic, and effectively ventilated helmet possible. It features the wide and tall, distortion-free CNS-1 shield, which blocks 99% of UV rays. The GT-Air is equipped with a Pinlock shield and visor, which is usually an optional upgrade. Pinlock is considered by many to be the most straightforward and comprehensive fog solution available. It works by trapping a small amount of air between your visor and the thin Pinlock insert.
But besides the drop down sun shield and state of the art shell design, the GT-Air is exciting because it means more Shoei graphic choices, and these graphics are fantastic.
- Integrated spoiler reduces drag and lift
- Wind-tunnel developed aerodynamic construction
- Built-in QSV-1 sun shield gives riders instant relief from sun glare in one quick motion
- Shoei Quick Release Self-Adjusting (QRSA) Base Plate System allows for quick and easy visor changes
- CNS-1 visor is Pinlock equipped, and provides a fog free ride, and wider and taller field of view
- Upper Air Intake Vent allows maximum ventilation and airflow, especially behind wind screens
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from the helmet of a rider involved in an accident, in turn making the helmet more easily removable
- Shoei’s 3D liner system contours to the riders head giving an uber comfortable and nicely snug fit for most riders
- Inner liner designed to accommodate eyeglasses
- Included breath guard reduces visor fog
- Included chin curtain reduces wind entry and turbulence
- Weight: 3 pounds, 10 ounces (size medium)
- Available in XS-2XL
- Available in solid Shine Red, Black, Anthracite, White, Yellow, Silver
- Available in Journey Black/Red, Journey Black/Gray, Journey White/Red/Blue, or Wanderer White, Wanderer Black
- Fall 2013 Graphics: Regalia (TC-4); Inertia Red/White (TC-1), Inertia Blue/White/Red (TC-2), Inertia Black/Gray (TC-5); Wanderer Matte Black/Red (TC-1), Wanderer Matte Black/Neon (TC-3)
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
- Solids: $549.99-$579.99
- Graphics: $670.99
Click HERE for more helmets.