We’ve seen the EXO-R2000 out and about for some time now, worn on the racetrack by the likes of Mika Kallio, Alvaro Bautista, Toni Elias, Hector Barbera, Yonny Hernandez, Nico Terol, and Alexis Masbou, among others. And while we waited for the retail release of the EXO-R2000, Scorpion made sure it had the world’s attention by presenting a steady stream of awesome, striking graphics worn by the best riders in the world. The EXO-R2000 was developed in part by feedback from these riders, so let’s see what the EXO-R2000 is all about.
The EXO-R2000 is Scorpion’s first full-tilt race helmet and is built with an exclusive, strong and lightweight composite called TCT®, a 5-layer blend of interlaced and specially formulated fiberglass, Aramid, and organic poly-resin fibers. The aerodynamic shape reduces lift and buffeting, and the Ellip-Tec™ Ratchet System provides a tight seal around the shield. Three forehead vents and a chin vent provide ventilation that circulates through the helmet and is pulled out through the exhaust vent below the teardrop spoiler. The EXO-R2000 comes stock with a clear shield AND a dark smoke shield.
Scorpion made rider comfort a priority during the development of R2000 and the internals of the helmet are on a higher level. It features a nice KwikWick II® anti-microbial liner that has a soft and snug feel. Scorpion’s established and popular AirFit® inflatable cheekpad technology further provides a personalized fit, and a KwikWick neck roll at the base of the helmet helps to reduce noise. The EXO-R2000 also features Emergency Release cheek pads for easier removal of the helmet in the event of an accident.
Now the only thing left to do is try it on!
- Proprietary TCT® Composite Shell is constructed with a 5 layer blend of fiberglass, Aramid and organic poly-resin fibers
- Featuring Scorpion’s AirFit® inflatable cheek pads
- Includes 2 EverClear® no-fog, anti-scratch faceshields (dark smoke and clear)
- KwikWick II® moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads are breathable, easily removable and washable
- Elip-Tec® Ratchet System allows for easy faceshield changes in seconds and pulls the faceshield against the eyeport gasket for a secure, noise-free seal
- Titanium double d-ring
- Emergency Release cheekpad system allows for easy removal of the cheekpads in case of emergency
- 4 shell sizes
- Weight: 3 pounds, 10 ounces (size medium)
- Snell 2010 certified
- Available in sizes XS-2XL
Now available: Bautista Replica and Dispatch Neon
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
- Solids: $369.95-$379.95
- Graphics: $389.95
- Bautista SS replica: $429.95