Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact
Metzeler tuned their Roadtec Z8 Interact tires to give sport-touring riders maximum longevity with the best cornering grip possible. And while all riders will find their Z8s handle beautifully, riders more enthusiastic about the “sport” part of sport-touring will really enjoy the surprisingly high level of grip that comes from these high-tech tires as well.
Metzeler’s Interact tires have a steel wire core built between the carcass and external compound of the tire. The wear of the tire compound is dependent on the stiffness of the material underneath it, so Metzeler tightens the hundred or so wires to varying tension levels in order to achieve ideal tire characteristics. The Z8 was literally “tuned” to provide maximize longevity and handling for sport-tourers. The center band of the Z8, where less traction is needed, is tuned to a high tension, which produces less micro-vibration and a lower-wearing tread band. The sides of the Z8 are tuned to a low tension, which increases micro-vibration and provides excellent grip.
Engineers also achieved optimum spacing distances between the steel wires in different parts of the tire, so ideal feedback, damping, and stability is provided at different lean angles. Metzeler’s patented Zero-Degree Radial Technology, a steel cord belt structure, also gives Metzeler tires excellent high-speed stability and balance, thus an even-wearing, long life.
Please call our expert Tire Technicians if you would like more information about tires or our tire services, and visit our Tire Shop information page here.
Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Ineract
- Dual-compound structure provides maximum longevity with sporty grip and handling
- Front tire and sides of rear tire are made with 100% silica compound, which provides excellent wet weather performance, especially during braking
- Contour and patented profile design improves handling and reduces steering effort significantly – for maximum confidence in all riding conditions
- Profile shape maximizes the flexibility of the profile, thus ensuring an optimum tire footprint in all conditions
- 3-zone-tension Interact ™ Technology gives outstanding mileage and sporty cornering grip
- High Silica compound with nano-particles ensures performance and safety in all weather conditions
Visit Metzeler’s website to learn more about their patented tire technologies, including their Zero-Degree Steel Radial and Advanced Wiring Technologies HERE.
Road Rider prides itself on having some of the most competitive prices on tires in the industry. For the most recent Road Rider pricing, visit or call us! Our expert Tire Technicians are always on hand at the shop if you would like more information about tires or our tire services. You can also visit our Tire Shop information page HERE.