Since 1863 Metzeler has been innovating in the world of motorcycle tires, and their dedication to two-wheelers shows in the history books. They were the first in the industry to use a crosswise tread pattern instead of lengthwise; the first to develop a silica tread compound for motorcycle tires; the first to develop a steel-belted radial motorcycle tire; the first to cross the finish line, over and over again, thanks to their endless quest to set world records.
The ME880 Marathon is born of the Metzeler blood. It is widely regarded as one of the best tires available for cruiser and sport touring bikes to this day, and is marked by excellent handling, traction, and tread life. ME880s deliver a smooth and quiet ride, and handle well in both wet and dry conditions.
The ME880 is available in a wide array of sizes for most cruiser and sport touring bikes, and it also comes in a white wall option in many sizes. Please call our expert Tire Technicians if you would like more information about tires or our tire services, and visit our Tire Shop information page here.
Click HERE for more tires.
- Built to handle the heavier loads and handling characteristics of cruiser and touring bikes
- Exhibit exceptional riding comfort and stability at all speeds, even under heavy load
- Front tires feature rounded tread profile for smooth, neutral steering
- Rear tires feature flatter tread profile and larger contact patch for better traction and higher mileage
- Computer-designed tread pattern with offset groove alignment reduces noise and wears more evenly
- Tread pattern displaces water, giving better stability over rain grooves and under hard braking
- Alpha sizes (MH, MT, MU) provide higher load capacity and increased mileage
- Also available in wide or narrow white wall
- Available in general replacement sizes, OEM replacement sizes, and model-specific sizes
- Different sizes are H-rated for speeds up to 130 mph, V-rated for speeds up to 149 mph, W-rated for speeds up to 168 mph
- ME880 XXL is also available for custom bikes and upgrades
Road Rider prides itself on having some of the most competitive prices on tires in the industry. For the most recent Road Rider pricing, visit or call us! Our expert Tire Technicians are always on hand at the shop if you would like more information about tires or our tire services. You can also visit our Tire Shop information page HERE.