Tour Master Transition 3 Jacket
Tour Master has always been there to suit up riders head-to-toe with reliable and functional pants, jackets, gloves, and boots. It’s been one of the touring faithful’s favorite brands in the industry since the late seventies, and a mainstay in Road Rider’s collection. The Tour Master Transition 3 Jacket is as reliable as we would expect, and more. Road Rider customers are finding great quality, versatility, functionality, and value with their Transition 3s.
The Transition 3 is a three-quarter length, multi-season jacket. One of the most vented waterproof jackets on the market, it has extensive zippered vents in the shoulders, chest, sleeves and back which allow the Transition 3 to perform well even on warmer days. The Pipeline Ventilation System channels air into the jacket through the windproof and waterproof membrane, which reduces heat buildup and pushes hot air out through the exhaust vents in the back. The Transition is still a workhorse of a winter jacket, though, and has a 100 gram poly fill removable quilted liner to top off its waterproof and windproof shell.
The safety features of the Transition are worth applauding and make this jacket a favorite of our own safety-conscious apparel team. Constructed from 600 Denier Carbolex and 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester, it has a softer feel than many other jackets, while still offering significant abrasion resistance. It comes with CE rated removable shoulder and elbow armor, and the back protector is a bit more substantial than the offerings of other manufacturers. A fantastic feature of the Transition 3 is the abundance of reflective panels and piping. Phoslite reflectors can be found on the side, front and back, and make sure you are seen from every angle.
At the end of a rider’s long day, we can assure you that the Transition is the jacket that keeps on giving. For around $200 bucks, it offers endless features (many of which reveal themselves unexpectedly over time) and hard-to-beat versatility. With Tour Master’s track record of reliability and value, the Transition 3 equals a great all-around jacket.
- Three-quarter length 600 Denier Carbolex ® and 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester shell incorporates panels of Phoslite ® reflective material for increased nighttime visibility
- Waterproof, breathable Rainguard ® barrier promotes dryness without perspiration buildup
- Collar anchor prevents flapping when the collar is open
- Three-position vents at the shoulders, chest, sleeves, and back work with the Pipeline Ventilation System for flow-through ventilation
- Waterproof zippers protect vents
- Durable two-way main zipper and dual wind flap seal out the elements
- Reflective piping and Phoslite ® material panels increase nighttime visibility
- Microfiber-lined collar and cuffs are soft, yet durable
- Adjustable sleeve takeup straps at the forearm and bicep help secure elbow armor and shell material
- Safety padding includes removable, CE rated armor at the elbows and shoulders and an articulated triple-density back protector
- Tour Master’s Z.O.Q. (Zip-Out Quilted) liner features 100 grams of poly fill insulation
- Numerous pockets include vertical zippered chest map pockets, an internal media pocket, a dual-zippered fanny pack and key pocket at the sleeve
- Adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls help fine-tune the fit
- Jacket/pant zipper attachment with the pant side included
- Available in sizes XS-4XL
- Tall sizes available in M-3XL
- Comes in Red/Black, Silver/Black, Black/Black, and Hi-Visibility Yellow/Black
What We Think
Dave: “I tested my Transition 3 in some torrential rains. Definitely waterproof and very warm. Although it isn’t great for the hottest times of the year, it’s still very well ventilated. Overall a great jacket.”