Icon Airframe Helmet
The Airframe is Icon’s top-of-the-line helmet featuring an advanced tri-composite shell and a unique ventilation system that gave the Airframe its name.
The Airframe’s namesake ventilation system is designed to provide optimal airflow regardless of how fast you’re travelling. The Airframe features large, angled intake ports that force air directly onto the head and through the helmet. The special design of the intake vents allows air to penetrate easily at all times, even without the windforce generated by high speeds. When riding in an Airframe, your head will stay cool even when you’re stuck in slow moving urban traffic.
The composite shell is what takes the Airframe above and beyond the Icon Airmada and Alliance helmets. It incorporates fiberglass for sturdiness and impact resistance, Dyneema for abrasion resistance, and carbon fiber for strength, impact deflection, and impact distribution. The result is a helmet that, when properly fitted, provides better protection than a polycarbonate shell. It also means the Airframe is Icon’s lightest shell – weighing in at about 3.7 pounds for the standard Airframe in size medium. The Airframe Carbon edition is lighter still, and at about 3.2 pounds for a size medium it weighs approximately the same as Bell’s first-rate track helmet, the Star Carbon.
Airframe Carbon RR:
Airframe Gloss Black:
Icon Airframe Helmet
- Fiberglass/Dyneema/Carbon Fiber shell
- Wind tunnel tested and refined
- Multiple oversized intake and exhaust ports
- Removable molded breath deflector reduces shield fogging
- Quick-change fog-free Icon ProShield with graphic sideplates
- Fully removable and washable Hydradry wicking liner
- Rear spoiler for reduced helmet buffeting
- Spoiler designed to safely break off in the event of an accident
- Icon Prolock shield locking system
- Removable chin curtain
- DOT and ECE22.05 approved
- Available in sizes 2XS-3XL
- Select models come with both clear and dark tinted visors: Sauvetage; Carbon RR Red, Pink and Blue; Vaquero; Artist Series Manic; Construct
- Ghost Carbon comes with a yellow tinted shield only
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
- Standard Airframe: $265-$375
- Airframe Carbon: $500-$515
Click HERE to browse more helmets.