Dunlop Sportmax Q3
The Dunlop Sportmax Q3 takes over where the class favorite Sportmax Q2 left off, as Dunlop’s high-performance street and track tire. The excellent Q2’s seemed to have limitless cornering ability and grip, and offered impressive levels of performance overall. Even so, Dunlop has taken five years of experience as the official provider of tires to the AMA Pro Road Racing series, and funneled it into new technology and new design for the Q3. The result is an even better performing tire for riders that reach for the limits.
The Q3 features totally new Dunlop Carbon Fiber Technology, which incorporates carbon fiber filaments into the sidewall for flexible stability in the corners and while accelerating out. The new tread pattern features fewer grooves, but they are longer and deeper in order to channel water away from the contact patch more effectively for better wet performance.
Two technologies used in the Q2s have been improved for the Q3s. They feature a new version of Dunlop’s steep Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) in the rear, which creates a bigger footprint at steeper lean angles, and a smaller footprint on the straightaways. The result is a more even contact patch at all lean angles for better cornering. With new compounds developed for the Q3s, Dunlop’s Multi-Tread dual-compound technology provides a harder center compound for longevity, and a softer side compound for grip and traction in the corners.
The Q3s have a fast warm up time and the rigid feel of a track tire, but still employ some of the softness characteristic of a tire designed for the street. It is likely most riders on the street won’t find the opportunity to fully test the limits of the Q3s. But every weekend you’ll have fun trying. And if and when you hit the track, you’ll find mind-blowing levels of performance when you push your Q3s to the brink.
Dunlop Sportmax Q3
- Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT) uses carbon fiber reinforcement in the tire sidewalls for exceptional cornering performance and feel
- Aggressive new tread pattern uses fewer grooves that are longer in length to enhance wet-weather performance
- Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) technology in the rear tire allows greater latitude in line choice while cornering, plus amazingly linear steering
- MT Multi-Tread technology in the rear tire uses a tough, long-wearing compound in the center of the tread for excellent traction and longer tread life, plus special lateral grip compounds for outstanding grip
- New compounds derived from road-race compounds to yield maximum sportbike performance
- Superb grip, stability, steering feel and longevity on the street and on the track
- Designed, tested, and manufactured in the USA
- Learn more about the Q3′s cutting-edge technology: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goyel3GWmno
Road Rider prides itself on having some of the most competitive prices on tires in the industry. For the most recent Road Rider pricing, visit or call us! Our expert Tire Technicians are always on hand at the shop if you would like more information about tires or our tire services. You can also visit our Tire Shop information page HERE.
Click HERE for more tires.