Cardo Scala Rider G9 PowerSet and Solo
The Cardo Scala Rider G9 is on the leading edge of motorcycle intercom technology, and with excellent audio quality, microphone clarity, and a host of never-before-seen functions, it’s no surprise it was webBikeWorld.com’s Motorcycle Intercom of the Year for 2012.
The standard of motorcycle intercom systems has improved in leaps and bounds over the last five years thanks to the fantastic efforts of a few leading manufacturers, Cardo included. But Cardo, already renowned for their excellent Q-series, set out to break away from the pack. The result is the Cardo Scala Rider G9, undeniably one of the best intercom systems available today.
One of the G9’s main claims to fame is the voice command operation, which enables the user to fully navigate the G9’s abundance of functions with voice commands. Push-button controls can be used at any time as well, but the voice command is effective and addictive – just like everything about the G9. It has Scala’s Automatic Volume Adjustment as well, which flawlessly increases or decreases the volume of the unit as wind noise levels change. The speakers deliver excellent sound quality and clarity at all levels, and there is plenty of volume to spare, even with earplugs and very high wind noise levels.
The G9 is excellent for group riding, and has expansive intercom capabilities. You can toggle between up to eight other ‘buddy’ riders within a bike-to-bike intercom range of up to one mile, as well as talk with your passenger and another two-up bike. You can listen to GPS directions, your MP3 player, or the built-in FM radio. Talking on the phone via Bluetooth is easy, and the microphone quality (both a boom and wired mic are included) is excellent. Pairing with other buddies or your own smart devices is surprisingly quick and easy, and your personal settings and buddy list can be customized via your online dashboard in the Scala Community.
Overall, the G9 is outstanding. It may take some time to fully familiarize yourself with the depth and abundance of functions and features, but the process is fun. And so is riding with the G9, whether you’re riding alone or with a group.
Scala Rider G9
- Pairs with mobile phones, GPS devices, and MP3 players
- Includes built-in stereo FM radio with six station presets and auto-scan
- Automatic Volume Adjustment increases or decreases the volume as wind noise levels change
- Receives GPS audio instructions
- Rejects or receives incoming intercom and mobile calls with voice commands
- Customize your G9 and easily update it when software updates are released using your Mac or PC (minimum requirement: Windows® XP / Mac OS X 10.5)
- 3.5mm input jack for optional wired device connection
- Talk with your passenger and another bike in full duplex intercom mode
- Share music with your passenger
- Hot Dial: one button, one number speed-dial
- At least thirteen hours of talk time or one week in standby
- Waterproof and dustproof
- Compatible with entire Scala product line
- Complete kit comes with everything you need to wire your helmet, including both a wired and hybrid microphone so you can choose which fits your helmet best
- Includes USB and wall charger
- G9 includes one complete kit, G9 PowerSet is two complete sets
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
- G9: $289.95
- G9 PowerSet: $499.95