Bell Star Helmet
The legendary California company that brought us the Bell 500 way back in 1954 isn’t shy about making waves. Bell’s constant flow of new designs, innovations, and some of the best graphics in the biz make it one of today’s most impressive and innovative helmet manufacturers. These days, Bell does its helmet research and development just down Highway 17 in Scotts Valley, CA, making it one of those established local companies you can feel proud representing.
Eye-catching because of it’s unique shell design and rear spoiler, the Star is ready to race. It is wind-tunnel and track tested to provide optimum ventilation and minimal drag. The composite shell is a lightweight and strong blend of Kevlar, carbon fiber, and fiberglass, making it a beautifully balanced and comfortable helmet.
All the details on the Star add to the overall impressive quality of the helmet. The visor system is easy to use, sturdy, and effective. Bell’s SolFX photochromic lenses are available for the Star as well, an awesome optical gadget that automatically adjusts to changing light situations. We have not yet found another manufacturer with established technology like this. The cheek pads and liner are made with a naturally anti-microbial wicking material and are cut to contour the head, rather than bent or sewn into shape.
Overall, the Star’s performance, looks, and quality make it a helmet that could bring you back to Bell for good.
- Sizing: All the 2013 Stars have a redesigned internal shape that will be comfortable for more riders. So if you’ve tried on a Star before and found it didn’t fit your head shape well, try again with the new model’s more “neutral” fit.
Bell Star Helmet
- Velocity Flow Ventilation with FlowAdjust provides optimum air flow
- Super stable aerodynamic signature resists buffeting and lift
- 3Mode shield for instant on-bike shield adjustments
- Click-Release opens the shield quickly
- Super lightweight TriMatrix composite shell constructed of Kevlar, carbon fiber, and fiberglass
- Contour cut cheek-pads for superior fit and comfort
- Nutra-Fog 2 shield features superior anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protection
- Removable and washable antibacterial/antimicrobial interior comfort liner
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure and magnetic strap keeper
- Comes with a super-deluxe carrying bag
- Snell M2010 and DOT certified
- Available in XS-2XL
- Available in Black, Matte Black, Silver; and Spirit Red, Spirit Blue, and Race Day Tricolore graphic editions
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $549.95
Click HERE for more helmets.