Arai XD-4 Helmet
As the Arai name implies, the XD-4 dual sport helmet is at the top of its class with finely tuned aerodynamics that result in a versatile, comfortable helmet that performs well in the two very different worlds of on- and off-road riding.
The redesigned aerodynamics of the XD-4’s chin bar and peak provide optimal stability and low drag and lift at street speeds. The peak is longer than most dual sport peaks and provides more effective shielding from sun and debris. The underside has a black overlay which helps reduce glare. The helmet can be worn with or without the peak and with or without the visor depending on your ride. A wide eyeport easily accommodates goggles and provides excellent field of vision, and visor brow vents provide direct airflow to the forehead while limiting fog buildup.
Venting is abundant on the XD-4 and numerous adjustment points help you set it right for the conditions. Two large ram air vents on the top of the helmet, the brow vents, and chin vent push air through the helmet while two large venturi exhaust ports pull hot air and moisture out.
We don’t recommend using any dual sport helmet solely for street use because the peak and motocross chin bar, a necessary crush zone for offroad riding, create a louder, more turbulent, and less stable helmet at higher street speeds. However, the XD-4 is very wearable on the street and offers the best all-around performance in the dual sport category. Ride confidently in both worlds knowing you’re protected by Arai’s ultra-strong, lightweight fiberglass shell. Scroll down for the XD-4 gallery.
Arai XD-4 Helmet
- New exhaust ports added to the top diffuser vents nearly double the airflow
- New shell shape, high-flow peak and side cowl vents for better aerodynamic stability at higher street speeds
- Fully removable, replaceable, and washable interior
- Dry-Cool® liner material keeps you dry and cool for greater comfort
- Multi-density, single piece EPS liner provides exceptional impact energy management, while keeping the overall size and weight of the helmet to a minimum
- Arai brow vents provide direct venting to the forehead and reduce fog buildup on the visor
- Shield lock is easy to operate, open and close, and provides a tight seal against gasket for road riding
- Micro-fitting 5mm peel-away temple pads offer additional customization for optimal fit around the crown of the head
- FCS® cheek pads have a 5mm peel away micro-fit feature for even better helmet fit and individual customization
- Can be worn in three different configurations: with shield and peak, without shield and with peak, without peak and with shield (for street riding)
- Pinlock® anti-fog shield sold separately
- Weight: 3 lbs, 10 oz (size medium)
- DOT and Snell M2010 certified
- Available in sizes XS-2XL
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price
- Solid colors: $599.95-$609.95
- Hi-Viz Yellow: $619.95
- Graphics: $729.95
The everyday price for Arai helmets at Road Rider is 10% below the MSRP price listed above. Prices and selection may vary. Please click here to learn more about our pricing and availability policies.
Arai XD-4 Explore Orange
The XD-4 with the peak removed.
With the shield removed and worn with 100% Accuri Goggles.
Airflow from intake vents on either side can be dialed in using slide adjusters located on the inside of the chin bar.
Ram air intake vents can easily be opened or closed with a gloved hand.
Three-position diffuser exhaust vents work in conjunction with the intake vents to pull cool air in and across the head while forcing hot air and moisture out. This venting system provides effective and adjustable airflow while maintaining maximum shell integrity.
The XD-4′s peak height can be adjusted for changing conditions.
Arai’s FCS peel-away cheekpads provide a comfortable, customized, and safe fit for each rider. Emergency release tabs (orange) allow emergency personnel to more easily remove the helmet in the event of an accident. The removable helmet liner also features peel-away temple pads for a more personalized fit around the crown.
Arai’s deluxe retractable chin curtain keeps unwanted wind and debris to a minimum.
The black overlay on the underside of the peak reduces glare on the shield.
Click HERE to browse other helmets.