Arai RX-Q Helmet
Engineered to excel on the road, the RX-Q is Arai’s premium street helmet. Borrowing from the Corsair V’s track-tested technology, the RX-Q offers Arai’s top tier comfort and impact protection in a helmet for everyday use.
While track helmets used by racers like Nicky Hayden and Dani Pedrosa need to provide the most advanced crash protection, visibility, and comfort for the racer, they tend to be louder and more turbulent, regardless of brand, than helmets designed for street use. This is largely due to venting systems and aerodynamics that are designed for the full race tuck position. The RX-Q is the very best of Arai, delivered in a quieter helmet designed specifically for street riding.
The intake and exhaust vents on the RX-Q are farther back on the front of the helmet, designed to flow air most effectively in standard and sportbike riding positions. The rear exhaust vents and rear spoiler allow air to cleanly flow across the top of the helmet for optimum aerodynamics and less noise and turbulence. The RX-Q’s cheek pads further reduce noise by creating a comfortable seal around the jaw, blocking air that would otherwise enter the helmet.
The RX-Q features Arai’s latest shield – the SAI shield – which offers the widest peripheral vision. The RX-Q’s brow vents in the shield flow direct air to the forehead and channel air back to the temples. The RX-Q’s shell, like that of its long-oval sibling the Signet-Q, is made using Arai’s Super Complex Laminate Construction (ScLc) process. As a result, the fiberglass in the shell of the RX-Q is 40% stronger than standard fiberglass. Of course, like every Arai, each RX-Q is handmade, from start to finish.
Arai RX-Q Helmet
- Arai’s standard/neutral modern shape – intermediate oval (roughly the same as the Quantum, Vector, Defiant, and Corsair V)
- SAI shield provides wider eyeport
- Featuring Arai’s compact and light proprietary aerospace fiberglass shell
- Shell made with Arai’s Super Complex Laminate Construction for added strength and bending resistance
- Round, strong, and smooth shape deflects and disperses impact
- Fully removable, washable liner and neckroll
- 5mm peel-away cheek pads for better, safer fit
- Emergency cheek pad release system
- Hyper-Ridge reinforces the lower perimeter of the shell: improves strength and creates a lower center of gravity for comfort
- Brow vents shield provide airflow to forehead, around ears, and cools temporal artery, without sacrificing shell integrity
- Retractable chin curtain keeps debris and noise out
- Weight : 3 pounds, 8 ounces (size medium)
- Meets or exceeds SNELL M2010 and DOT specifications
- Available in XS-3XL
New Graphics Available Now:
- Road Rider article: Why Arai: The Arai Difference