Alpinestars Tech 7 Boot
The Alpinestars Tech 7 has been reincarnated for 2013, and the good work of Alpinestars has rewarded riders with a whole new boot of a higher class. The brilliant new Tech 7 is a good boot gone great, and makes taking the leap from the entry-level Tech 3 to the Tech 7 a really, really easy decision.
Built for riders who demand a boot that holds up to hard riding and regular wear, the previous Tech 7s featured replaceable soles, beefed up toe and ankle reinforcement, and long-lasting aluminum buckles. But the Tech 7s for 2014 feature advancements across the board, including a lighter weight, micro-fiber upper construction that is more abrasion-resistant and flexible for even more durability.
Alpinestars has developed an articulating ankle and heel bracing system for the Tech 7, and it’s more advanced than anything offered by other manufacturers at this price level. Interfacing with accordion panelling on the heel, the hinging on the heel, and medial and lateral ankles allows for significantly improved ease of forward flexibility. Vastly improved buckles borrowed from the top-of-the-line 2014 Tech 10s operate smoothly, and make clicking in and clicking out faster and easier.
Visit Road Rider and try on the next level of Tech 7 performance from Alpinestars.
Alpinestars Tech 7 MX Boots
- Boot chassis designed with an ergonomically profiled forefoot and lower toe-box to provide easier shifting and improved rear brake feel and control
- Innovative one-piece injected dual compound foot shell with co-injected hard toe protector and integrated steel shank
- Upper constructed from innovative microfiber material that is flexible and abrasion resistant and reinforced with PU for high levels of water-resistance and durability and improved weight-saving performance
- Upper micro-fiber material ensures consistent fit even for long term usage and is easy to maintain and clean
- New dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated into the base structure for superior durability and features high performing rubber grip patterning and enhanced feel
- Replaceable sole and footpeg insert and replaceable buckles
- Contoured calf protector plate is injected with high modulus polymer for impact resistance and incorporates Alpinestars’ developed blade flex system for greater precision control and movement, added protection for heel and achilles tendon and helps prevent hyperflexion
- New TPU ankle protection system incorporating a bio-mechanical link between the middle and bottom sections of the boot helping prevent damage to the leg by providing progressive force relief for torsional forces
- Alpinestars developed TPU shin plate and medial protection are constructed from one single part for greater structural integrity and stability
- The anatomically profiled shin plate features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap attached with Velcro® for a precise fit closure while the rugged and durable shin plate attached securely with a precision adjustable buckle
- The TPU medial side panel incorporates an advanced honeycomb rubber insert and is designed for excellent grip against the bike while guarding against impact
- Wide entry aperture for convenience and allows broad ranging calf fit adjustment and support.
- Innovative buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminium bridge closures, with memory settings and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance
- Redesigned instep and Achilles accordion flex zones construction for superior comfort, control and support
- Extended microfiber gaiter helps prevent excessive water and dirt entry
- Internal lining includes anti-slip microfiber suede on the heel to help keep foot in position, and soft foam reinforcement on ankles and collar for long lasting comfort and shock absorption
- New, dual compound, removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra top for comfort and support ensures even weight distribution and reinforced heel
- CE certified
- Currently stocked in Black at Road Rider
- Also available in White, Black/Green, White/Orange, Patriot, and Black/Red/Fluorescent Yellow
- Available in whole sizes 5-13
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $349.95