Alpinestars Stella GP Plus R Jacket
The new Stella GP Plus R is a totally redesigned leather sport jacket for women in the Alpinestars collection, and it’s our favorite new sport jacket for women. Protective and comfortable for the street or track, the Stella GP Plus R executes beautifully – and looks good in the process.
The fit of the Stella GP Plus R is a new one for women’s Alpinestars leather jackets, and from what we’ve seen so far, it’s a better fit for more women. The body of the jacket is a slightly slimmer and longer cut which gives riders a bit more coverage around the waist and across the lower back, especially when tucked over on a sportbike. The contoured design on the jacket front gives a flattering fit from top to bottom and looks less boxy around the torso. The arms are precurved for the riding position, and bigger accordion flex panels behind the shoulders and elbows provide stretch and mobility where you need it most. Large panels of stretch fabric run the length of the arms and provide a snug, comfortable fit in the sleeve.
The main construction of the Stella GP Plus R uses solid leather panels while strategically placed panels on the front and back have small perforations to provide some airflow. Zippered vents on the shoulders can also be opened up when you do need that ventilation boost.
We love the fact that Alpinestars has delivered a high performance leather jacket for women that looks great, fits great, and comes in the color red! The Stella GP Plus R also comes in a black and white combination. Both colorways feature attractive and sporty contrast vertical panels along the chest and back. Embroidered logo hits on the chest, arms, and lower back elevate the jacket’s styling.
The men’s GP Plus R is also available at Road Rider. Click here for details.
Alpinestars Stella GP Plus R Leather Jacket
- Constructed with durable, premium 1.3 leather in a multi-panel construction for superb abrasion resistance
- Reinforced stitching for optimum tear resistance in the event of an impact
- Designed and constructed to ensure optimized women’s performance fit
- Alpinestars race‐derived, CE‐approved Bio-Armor shoulder and elbow protectors
- Dual density, advanced polymer shoulder sliders are ergonomically incorporated into garment’s sport styling design for added abrasion resistance
- Chest and back pad compartments with PE padding (Alpinestars Bionic CE-certified chest and back inserts are available and sold separately)
- Advanced poly-fabric accordion stretch inserts on rear for an excellent fit and reduced weight
- Accordion leather stretch panels on elbows allow greater range of movement
- Extensive poly-fabric stretch panels on the underarm help keep jacket sleeves positioned close to rider’s body
- Perforated padded panels integrated into main shell and sleeves for improved fit
- Pre-curved sleeve construction helps reduce riding fatigue and prevent material bunching
- Combination Velcro® and zipper wrist closures for secure and customized fit
- Velcro® and D‐ring waist adjustments ensure highly customized fit and secures jacket in position
- Alpinestars exclusively developed Dynamic Flow Control (DFC) ventilation inlets on shoulders are zippered to allow efficient regulation of interior temperature
- Soft 3D mesh collar construction plus 3D mesh cuff edging for improved comfort and breathability
- Mesh liner construction for improved breathability, comfort and ventilation
- External, large-opening front hand pockets are zippered for peace-of-mind closure
- Multiple internal compartment pockets feature Velcro® for additional security
- Interior waterproof wallet pocket for safe storage of documents
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to Alpinestars riding pants
- Premium YKK® zippers used throughout garment for durability
- Reflective detailing for improved rider visibility to other road users
- Available in European sizes 38-50 (US sizes 2-14)
- Stocked at Road Rider in black/white and black/white/red
- MSRP: $399.95