Alpinestars S-MX 6 Boot
With the launch of the new S-MX 6, Alpinestars has planted their flag in a boot segment long left vacant – at the intersection of track-level protection and street comfort with a sub-$300 price tag. Within the top ten boot brands, the S-MX 6 touches ground as the lowest priced boot with an articulating, hinge-style ankle bracing system. And Alpinestars has introduced a host of other new innovations for the S-MX 6, making it a bullseye for sport riders.
In the Alpinestars boot lineup, the S-MX 6 fills the void between the Alpinestars S-MX 5 and the beefy, track-ready S-MX Plus. It builds on the comfort and low-profile look of the ever-popular sport-touring and light track riding S-MX 5. But the S-MX 6 boasts a larger flex zone of accordion-stitched material on the forefoot and achilles, and a new and improved foam and Lycra comfort footbed.
Inspired by the ankle-brace design on the S-MX Plus, the newly-designed S-MX 6 ankle brace provides lateral structural integrity, protection against impact shocks, and additional hinged support in flex zones. Reinforced and redesigned heel, shin, and calf areas blend track-level protection with the sleek design of an everyday boot. The S-MX 6 also features a totally new toe slider design with a much more user-friendly set-screw attachment.
The S-MX 6 boots are sure to be winners for all those track riders and street riders who have been waiting for a boot that doesn’t break the bank, but delivers a high level of protection along with everyday comfort.
Alpinestars S-MX 6 Boot
- Main upper material constructed from advanced microfiber for durability and repeated abrasion resistance
- Alpinestars’ innovative TPU lateral ankle brace protection provides a biomechanical support between lateral top calf/shin and ankle and offers improved structural integrity, protection against impact shocks, repeated abrasion resistance and flex support
- Alpinestars’ new and exclusive compound rubber sole promotes improved feel and grip, water dispersion and durability
- Air vents on the heel counter and shin plate plus breathable mesh inserts (vented version only) improve comfort and reduce fatigue on short and long rides
- High modulus TPU injected shin guard, calf protector, heel counter, shift pad and toe slider for improved shock protection and durability
- Double density ankle protector on medial side layered under the upper offers protective performance in key area
- Integrated, replaceable bi-injected TPU slider features new easy screw fixing concept for quicker and easier replacement
- Innovative instep and Achilles accordion flex zone construction for superior comfort, extension, control and support
- Internal insole with the shank reinforcement integrated for added support to the arch area and foot protection
- Medial side entry opening/closure system features elastic-mounted zipper with wide Velcro® closure for flexibility and secure fit. The aperture opening is large to promote easier in/out
- Internal toe box protection is layered under the upper for durability, improved feel and performance
- Breathable textile interior lining features anti-sliding suede reinforcement on heel area help keep foot in position while riding
- New, dual compound removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra for performance, comfort and support
- The S-MX 6 boot is CE certified
- Available in sizes 36-50 and stocked at Road Rider in Black; also available in Black/Red, or Black/Fluorescent Yellow
- Also available: the fully perforated S-MX 6 Vented in Black or White/Red
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $269.95