Alpinestars Jaws Jacket
The new-for-2013 Jaws leather jacket by Alpinestars just came through the door, and we think it’s going to go over really well with Bay Area riders. The Jaws has all the world-class elements of an Alpinestars leather jacket, but with newly added versatility that’s going to carry riders through the California seasons.
The Jaws is a highly technical jacket, and it’s packed with features. The zippered vents in the shoulders will keep you cool on the hot days, and the removable quilted liner will keep you warm when it’s cold. If you want something more ventilated for the summertime, you can opt for the perforated model of the Jaws. Aramid stretch panels on the arms, back, chest, and waist keep the jacket light, and give you maximum mobility and comfort. The cut is slightly more relaxed than a full race-ready jacket, but is not as relaxed as, for example, the Alpinestars GP-R.
When you buy Alpinestars, you know what you’re getting: gear that’s made with the highest quality materials and construction, that’s going to last no matter how hard you ride, and gear that’s innovative and thoughtfully designed by and for motorcyclists. The Jaws has the protective features sport riders require for safety, but it’s more versatile than most, making it perfect for our California climate.
Click HERE to see more jackets.
- Durable 1.3 mm leather construction with flexible microfiber and aramidic stretch panels on back, chest, waist and arms
- Removable quilted thermal vest
- Removable CE-certified Bio-Armor shoulder and elbow protection
- Padded chest and back compartments
- Multiple snap button system for integration with Level 2 CE-certified back protector
- Cuff adjustment includes Velcro and semi-auto locking zips
- External, dual-density TPU shoulder sliders
- Neoprene collar and wrist cuffs
- Strategically positioned high density perforated zoning
- Zippered Dynamic Flow Control (DFC) shoulder vents allow efficient regulation of inner airflow
- Velcro and D-ring waist adjustment
- Mesh lining to improve breathability
- Rear reflective detailing for improved rider visibility
- Internal waist connection zipper to allow attachment to Alpinestars riding pants
- Available in European sizes 48-64 (US sizes 38-54)
- Perforated and non-perforated jackets available in Black or Black/White
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $449.95
Road Rider prides itself on having some of the most competitive prices in the industry. For the most recent Road Rider pricing, visit us!