2015 Alpinestars Gunner WP Jacket
Alpinestars locked their gear geniuses up in the A-star lab this summer and put them to work fine tuning one of Alpinestars’ already most popular winter jackets, the Alpinestars Gunner WP, and we love the results. The 2015 Gunner stays true to what riders loved about the original version–it’s still a great value for a warm, waterproof, protective, and stylish jacket. The new and improved version features a better fit, some more reflectivity, better venting, and a great new dark gray color way with hi-viz accents (above).
For 2015, the Gunner retains it’s comfortable, casual cut that works well for larger guys, but they’ve redesigned the adjustment tabs around the arms and waist, so it provides a great fit for more slender riders as well. It’s also longer in the back now for a bit more rear coverage and a less boxy feel.
The shell of the Gunner features a sewn-in waterproof and breathable Alpinestars membrane. Improved shoulder zip vents channel air onto the membrane, while a newly-designed back vent pulls that fresh air through the jacket, carrying hot air and moisture away. This kind of venting does not provide direct airflow to the body, but aerates the waterproof membrane and allows it to breath more effectively. On colder days, a removable, full-sleeve, quilted liner will keep you nicely insulated.
Visibility and reflectivity is especially important for winter riding, and all the logos on the Gunner–on the shoulders, chest, lower back, and forearms–are now reflective.
Stay warm, stay dry, stay safe, and don’t break the bank, with the new and improved 2015 Alpinestars Gunner WP.
Alpinestars Gunner Jacket
- 600 denier fabric with PU coating and water repelling surface treatment
- Built-in waterproof and breathable membrane lining
- Removable full-sleeve thermal liner
- CE-certified Bio Armor at elbows and shoulders
- Chest and back protector compartments with padding can be upgraded to CE-rated Alpinestars Bio Armor (Nucleon CE Level-2 Back Protector and Bionic Chest Pads sold separately)
- Zipped front air intake vents at shoulders and zipped back air exhaust vent
- Adjustment straps on sleeves and neck for precision fit
- Velcro waist adjustment straps
- Reflective Alpinestars logo on chest, shoulders, forearms, and lower back
- Removable thermal liner
- Elongated lower back profile covers lumbar region in the riding position
- See it at www.Alpinestars.com
- Available in S-4XL in black, black/white/red, and gray/black/hi-viz
Also available at Road Rider: