Alpinestars Cape Town Air Drystar Jacket
It’s four o’clock on an August day. You and your bike are in stop-and-go traffic on southbound 101, and it’s a bit hot. Ok, it’s a LOT hot, and there’s a devil inside you that would rather be in a t-shirt than a heavy motorcycle jacket. Don’t give in to the devil, because protecting yourself from the road and other motorists is a must. But do consider the versatile Alpinestars Cape Town Air Drystar Jacket.
You’ll find the Cape Town to be one of the most ventilated, cool, and lightweight jackets available, even compared to some other mesh jackets, and it comes in the unlikely form of a 3/4 length touring jacket. The hip coverage gives safety from the elements that waist cut jackets just don’t give. Further, the Cape Town is armed with CE-rated shoulder and elbow armor and a foam back pad that can be upgraded. But it also has upgradeable chest padding, which also isn’t typical but gives a huge boost to the protective value of this jacket.
The Cape Town can also carry you through other seasons. The removable Drystar waterproof and breathable liner blocks the wind and rain and is lightly insulated for added warmth. When worn over a heated jacket liner or fleece sweater, the Cape Town turns into a highly versatile Fall or Winter jacket. When worn over your t-shirt on a hot summer’s day, it’s cool, comfortable, and extremely lightweight.
Click HERE to see more jackets.
- Extended mesh areas on the chest, sleeves, and back enhance riding comfort in hot weather
- Removable Drystar membrane for breathable waterproofing
- Multi-fabric shell construction for the optimal combination of durability, protection and weight
- Ballistic nylon reinforced elbows and seat area
- Removable CE certified Bio Armor elbow and shoulder protectors
- Reflective panels on front of chest, arms and back
- D-ring adjustment straps for maximum waist and arm fit
- Neoprene comfort collar
- Two large front cargo pockets and rear storage pocket, two internal pockets, waterproof pocket on removable liner
- Available in sizes S-4XL
- Available in Hi-Vis Neon Yellow or Black/Grey
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Rrice (MSRP): $299.95
Road Rider prides itself on having some of the most competitive prices in the industry. For the most recent Road Rider pricing, visit us!