So Much To See With Mad, Butler Maps
Maps have lost a bit of ground over the years, but lots of motorcyclists still think paper beats smartphone every time, and many of us rely on using a combination of both technologies. It’s handy to have a few different maps on each trip- a highway map, a regional map that shows local roads, and a backwoods map(s) with fire road trail numbers and small natural landmarks. But even if you never go off the pavement, there are still times when the perspective of a paper map will provide the very best orientation, as well as the very best INSPIRATION for where you’re headed next.
We’ve got a huge selection of maps of California and the western states from Butler and Mad Maps. Both companies scout the best roads, routes, and destinations by and for motorcycle, so all you need by your side is a map and two wheels. Amazing, memorable day trips and weekend getaways await you. Get a map and get inspired.
Butler Maps bring information you’d normally have to derive from multiple maps together all in one. Butler Maps highlight seductive roads you’ve probably never even heard of, and they are all tried, tested, and certified fun by other motorcyclists. Look for Butler Maps’ Northern California map and their separate Southern California map at Road Rider.
Here’s why Butler Maps are so awesome:
- Butler Maps are made specifically for motorcyclists, and they reflect the efforts of all the different kinds of riders who collaborated to bring them together.
- They show highways, local roads, noteable dirt connector roads, elevations, even fire road numbers, and all on one map.
- They provide separate detailed sections of the areas with the highest density of the best roads, so you’ll almost always have a close-up map of the area you’re headed to.
- They are waterproof and tear-resistant.
- The best roads for motorcyclists are highlighted, including all the well-known roads like Highway 1 as well as tons and tons of lesser known ones like our local Mines Road.
- The highlighted ‘Gold Roads’ are the top 77 best roads in Nor Cal for motorcyclists. Have you ever heard of Cecilville Road? It’s one of the many Gold routes that you’ll find waiting for you when you unfold a Butler.
Who will love Butler Maps:
- Touring, cruiser, sport, adventure, dual sport, and every kind of rider in between
- Riders who want to dive into the wealth of scenery, roads, and excellent motorcycling that California has to offer, with the confidence of being accompanied by a complete map resource
- Riders who still think a “map quest” is the part of the journey when you have to fold the map back up correctly
Avid Bay Area motorcyclist and road traveller Jenny Lefferts turned her passion for combing the coast and mountain ranges for the best roads into a full-time gig when she founded Mad Maps. Today, her company is the #1 map maker for motorcyclists who want to ride the best roads, hit the best spots, and live for the journey. The hundreds of Mad Maps showcase the most scenic routes across the United States, and highlight all the fascinating places along the way.
All Mad Maps routes are scouted by real riders who experience it all – the good, the bad, and the ugly – so they can cherry-pick the best for us. Check out our collection of Mad Maps and get your journey under way!
- Water and tear-resistant
- Feature color-coded routes with inter-connectable trip options
- Highlight national and state parks
- Suggest roadside attractions like rubber band museums and giant balls of string
- Point out tried and tested roadhouses where you can grab a bite to eat
- Include other relevant visitor information and turn-by-turn directions
Never made it to Nit Wit Ridge in Cambria? You’re missing out.
Riding the Southwest? Without a Mad Map, you might miss the world’s largest pistachio:
If you’re heading to Washington, watch out for bridge trolls:
Some of our Mad Maps:
- Rides Of A Lifetime series: Pacific Coast
- Rides Of A Lifetime series: Southwest
- Southern California and Southern Nevada
- Northern California
- Washington and Oregon
- Sierra and Northern Nevada
- Get Outta Town series: San Jose
- Get Outta Town series: San Francisco
Want to take your Mad Mapping to the next level? Mad Maps apps for your smartphone or GPS are available for download at the Mad Maps website HERE. Get Outta Town and Rally Run series apps are free to download.