Hola! Konichawa! Hello! Bonjour! Road Rider is currently looking for a couple of Greeters to make our visitors welcome when they arrive.
The people hired for this position
- Love mixing with people and making them feel welcome
- Love riding motorcycles and enjoy talking with those who do too
- Have a flexible schedule and are looking for a part-time job that offers a killer discount on parts and gear for motorcycling
The Greeter position is one of the most important jobs at Road Rider. As Greeter, you are the first and last person that local riders interact with when they walk through the door. Our Greeters welcome customers when they come in, and see them off when they leave. Greeters steer our guests toward what they need and get them acclimated to our store environment.
A Greeter at Road Rider performs the following tasks. He or she
- Welcomes customers upon their entrance into the store
- Answers questions about merchandise, facilities, and promotions
- Answers the telephone, fields preliminary questions, and routes calls to the right department
- At times conducts sales and returns transactions
- Maintains a quality shopping environment for customers through housekeeping
- When appropriate, makes product suggestions that enhance our customer’s riding experience
Candidates must have
- A warm smile
- A personable, confident and enthusiastic attitude
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A sincere love of motorcycling
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and confidence with computers
- A reliable source of transportation
- Confidence with counting and exchanging money
- A flexible schedule (weekend and evening work may be required)
- The ability to lift 40+ pounds
- The ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
Multi-lingual speaking skills (Vietnamese or Spanish) are a bonus but not required. Employment at Road Rider is contingent on a background check.
Please email us your resume as a PDF file attachment and send us a brief cover letter in the body of your email that answers these questions:
- How have motorcycles changed your life?
- What is your top U.S. state to travel to and why?
- Which South Bay road is your go to ride and why?
Use your cover letter to make a lasting impression. Please keep in mind that applicants who do not follow these instructions will more than likely be ignored.