The world’s most advanced motorcycle intercom system has been touched up for 2014, given some cool new features, and an imposing name: introducing the Cardo Scala Rider G9X. The G9X replaces the G9, and Cardo’s top-of-the-line Scala Rider is still the only fully voice-activated and controlled intercom system out there. The G9 impressed the world when it debuted in 2012 with its excellent audio quality, microphone clarity, and a host of never-before-seen functions, and it was webBikeWorld.com’s Motorcycle Intercom of the Year in its first season. Now for the G9X, Scala added two additional features riders really want: music sharing between rider and passenger, and plug-in speakers that use a 3.5mm jack.
The voice command operation, which enables the user to fully navigate the G9X’s abundance of functions with voice commands, has also been improved for faster response. Push-button controls can be used at any time as well, but the voice command is effective and addictive. The G9X also features Scala’s Automatic Volume Adjustment, which flawlessly increases or decreases the volume of the unit as wind noise levels change. The plug-in speakers deliver excellent sound quality and clarity at all levels, but now you have the option of plugging in your own favorite pair of earbuds or speakers.
The G9X is excellent for group riding, and has expansive intercom capabilities. You can toggle between up to eight other ‘buddy’ riders within a bike-to-bike intercom range of up to one mile, as well as talk with your passenger and another two-up bike. You can talk on the phone via Bluetooth, and listen to GPS directions, your MP3 player, or the built-in FM radio.
Overall, the G9X is the most capable intercom system available. It may take some time to fully familiarize yourself with the depth and abundance of functions and features, but the rewards make it well worth it.
G9X is expected to arrive at Road Rider the week of March 10th.
Scala Rider G9X
- Plug-in speakers use 3.5 mm jack
- Music-sharing capability between rider and passenger
- Pairs with mobile phones, GPS devices, and MP3 players
- Includes built-in stereo FM radio with six station presets and auto-scan
- Automatic Volume Adjustment increases or decreases the volume as wind noise levels change
- Receives GPS audio instructions
- Rejects or receives incoming intercom and mobile calls with voice commands
- Customize your G9 and easily update it when software updates are released using your Mac or PC (minimum requirement: Windows® XP / Mac OS X 10.5)
- 3.5mm input jack for optional wired device connection
- Talk with your passenger and another bike in full duplex intercom mode
- Share music with your passenger
- Hot Dial: one button, one number speed-dial
- At least thirteen hours of talk time or one week in standby
- Waterproof and dustproof
- Compatible with entire Scala product line
- Complete kit comes with everything you need to wire your helmet, including both a wired and hybrid microphone so you can choose which fits your helmet best
- Includes USB and wall charger
- G9 includes one complete kit, G9 PowerSet is two complete sets
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP):
- G9X PowerSet: $499.95
- G9X Solo: $289.95
Prices and selection may vary. Please click here to learn more about pricing and availability.
Click HERE to browse other motorcycle communication & audio systems, or check out Sena’s top-of-the-line intercom unit, the SMH10.